SAGE II features:
- Freely available on the internet
- Adult and pediatric diagrams
- Calculates age-adjusted estimates for TBSA, partial, deep, and
user-selected palettes, in % and cm^2.
- Calculates cm^2 and % burn for 33 body areas
- Provides Parkland fluid resuscitation estimates for TBSA > 20%
- SAGE II and SAGE IIc operate locally on the user's browser and do not send any
patient information back to the internet.
The screen is divided into two areas. The left portion of the screen is
used for displaying and drawing diagrams while the right portion is used
for displaying patient data and program information.
Before drawing a burn injury, You should first enter the patient's age.
This allows SAGE to age-adjust body surface areas. Weight and height
entries are also recommended so that SAGE can provide a modified Parkland
fluid resuscitation estimate for burns > 20% and an estimate of total square
centimeters. If the patient's age is 0-5 years old, SAGE will
automatically switch to a pediatric diagram.
The patient's name and ID number are not necessary for creating and calculating
a diagram, but are provided to help identify the patient. These fields are
required entries before saving a patient diagram to a file. To create diagram
files on your own PC, you must be running SAGE IIc.
Any area outside the body that is accidentally 'painted-in' will not be included in the calculations when the diagram
is processed; i.e. between fingers, etc. Use of the tracing function
is strongly recommended for defining burned areas at the perimeter of the diagram.